Problems with Magic Lantern on 64 GB Card

edited November 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I successfully loaded Magic Lantern onto my T2i using a class 10 32 GB microSD card in an adapter. When my new Transcend Class 10 SDXC 64 GB card came in, I tried to load it back on but it failed in the process. I had to pull the battery both times to get the camera to turn off/restart.

Anyone have this issue? The camera takes photos and puts them on the card with no problem. I was using the no flash auto settings.

Comments

• PhxPhx
    edited December 2012
    Hey pekos, you are correct. I've read about others and experienced the same issue myself with 64 GB cards. Guess we'll have to wait for an update and stick with 32's and below until then.
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll just have to wait until I hear about it. I really want to use the 64 GB card though. :-/
  • edited March 2013
    Keep in mind, you must have installed Magic Lantern with a 32gig or smaller card before you do these steps.

I have this working with a 64gig Class 10 card. You do not run the same installation as you do with the card you initially used to install.

Here are the steps:
    1) Format the card.
    2) Copy the ML files to the card via your PC and leave the card in your PC's card reader
    3) Run this file for Windows: pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe.
    4) Or, run this file for Mac: http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html.

I haven't run the Mac version, but for the Windows version, 2check boxes should appear when you run the program. Check both then click save.

That's it! Now, you have Magic Lantern on a 64 gig card.
  • @thegrindlab - Great info...thanks for sharing!