Using a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S in a Studio

ejlejl
edited March 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I just got the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens and haven't quite figured it out yet. I was playing around with it in my studio and when I used the white backdrop I get a wide dark shadow on the bottom of my pictures. This doesn't happen when using a black backdrop. Any thoughts?

Comments

• @ejl - My guess is that it has more to do with your studio lighting than anything else. You probably can't see the shadow against the black background because of how dark the backdrop is, but I'm guessing it's there.

You may need to utilize another light source to eliminate that shadow that's creeping up your backdrop. If you provide a link to some examples online, it would be easier to pinpoint the issue. Happy shooting!
  • ejlejl
    edited March 2013
    You're right, I dont see it with the black backdrop. I have 4 lights with umbrella's that I am currently using. I also have an over head light that I use sometimes. Ill have to mess around with the lighting to see if I can figure it out.

Can I post a picture here?
  • @ejl - Just upload the photo to Flickr or Google Picasa and then provide a link to it.