New To DSLR and a New D5100 Help Needed !!!!!

edited August 2012 Posted in » Nikon Lens Talk
I have recently received my new D5100 and the pictures seem to be very soft and a bit yellow. I have adjusted the white balance but they are still not crisp. I also own a Fuji Hs20 Exr and at the moment on Dynamic setting is producing a much better shot . Can any one help?
There are so many combinations that I am probably missing something. I am determined that this camera can produce better quality shots than the Hs20 but I cannot seem to get the right balance or settings. Any Suggestions?

I bought a kit 28-55mm and 55-200mm lenses.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I take all types of shots from landscape to macro portrait and I like a crisp clear shot which this camera is not producing at the moment.
Thanks everyone if you reply. Any help welcome as I am reaching the frustration stage!

Comments

• Is it set to the Auto mode and is your switch on your lenses set to auto as well? Perhaps something is in manual and isn't adjusting to each picture. That is all I can think of at the moment.
  • edited February 2013
    If nothing helps, you can try to reset the D5100 by pressing and holding the Menu and the Info buttons at the same time for more than 2 seconds.