Digital Photo Professional software download

edited April 2012 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
This comment was moved to it's own thread...

@peterdouglasbarrett's question: I just bought a T3i. There's a CD with a manual for Digital Photo Professional, but no installation disk for this program. Must I purchase this program separately or is it freely available from Canon? I tried to downloading it, but get an error saying "must have previous installation of this program". Thanks, Peter

@Moose's answer: You can download all of the included software by visiting the Canon T3i support page. Once there, just input your operating system and you'll see an entire list of drivers and software. Hope that helps and happy shooting! :)

Comments

• edited November 2012
    The list is there but won't install unless you already have a previous installment in the computer. This is available if you own the software installation disk. Otherwise, it won't install; I have been there.
  • edited February 2013
    I already installed picture style editor. I tried editing a photo but I can't open any image in my computer. I can't figure out what the problem is.
  • edited February 2013
    @alyssa0214, I can't help with the bundled Canon software because I do not use it. Several people use the free program GIMP (graphic image manipulation program). You can download it from www.gimp.org. Their website offers many useful tutorials on how to scale an image, adjust sharpness, contrast, color saturation, etc.
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks a lot @amigo.
  • edited February 2013
    I agree with @amigo, you should ditch the bundled software and use the gloriously free GIMP. Those generic software programs are always worse than the dedicated alternatives.