Will this Fit Into a Lowepro 102 AW: D5100, 55-300mm lens, 18-35mm lens?

edited January 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
Hi everybody, I'm a noobie here. I searched the forum on this but found only one answer. I wanted to see if others could weigh in.

Does anyone who owns a Lowepro Slingshot 102 AW know if these items will fit into the 102 AW:

1) D5100 with the Nikkor 55-300mm zoom lens attached and the 18-55mm kit lens next to it
2) D5100 with the 18-55mm kit lens attached and the 55-300mm zoom lens next to it

My research suggests that the answer is yes, but that either setup is a tight squeeze. Not sure if tight squeeze translates into a bad idea because the contents will bulge and therefore be at risk. Thanks!
Peter.

Comments

• I was just at best buy comparing these bags. I was going to go with the 102 when I saw it online, but when I saw them in person, the 202 AW is a obviously a bigger bag, but I didn't realize how much bigger until I saw them next to each other. I just recently bought the 202 AW from Amazon for $61. Not sure if it helps, but I felt more comfortable going with the bigger bag.
  • edited January 2013
    By the way, I'm new to the DSLR world and have the D5100 with the kit lens at the moment.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks, that helps. Tell me, does the 202 feel too bulky or unwieldy when you wear it loaded? That was my main concern about the 202, that it wouldn't ride well on the back and would be tough to swing around to the front, which is the main reason to own a sling bag. Thanks!
  • edited January 2013
    I'll be honest I haven't received the bag yet; it should be here tomorrow. Handling them side by side at the store I did not feel that the 202 would in any way be cumbersome to use. Judging by the size of the bags next to each other, I felt that the 202 would actually be easier to manipulate as it had more substance to it than did the 102.
  • edited January 2013
    OK, cool. Thanks for your replies!
  • edited January 2013
    No problem, I know how you feel. I bought and returned 2 bags before I decided to go to the store to see if if could compare them. The internet is convenient, but when it comes to getting a real read, I felt I had to go to the store. Good luck.
  • edited January 2013
    Quick update. I got the bag and I'm glad I got the bigger one. It feels great on and very easy to access the camera and accessories from the side entry.