Flash Exposure Problem On P Setting

edited October 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
When using either the built in flash or an external Speedlite the exposure is extremely dark when the camera is on the P setting.
I have checked that I have not accidently changed any settings, but they are all fine. It works perfectly well on the full auto setting or the TV setting. I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a trip to the Canon dealer. I just paid £120 to have a Canon lens repaired that was a known fault on that lens. I hope this isn't the start to the end of a beautiful relationship.
Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    @mikee - I am not 100% sure on this you might need to check the manual. In P settings you have the option to have the flash fire early or late. There are verious reasons for this, but looking at your post you did not say if you noticed this.
    I would have said to check your exposure setting to make sure you are not under, or maybe check your white balance (even though you said you checked them).

Break open your manual and look at the flash section. I am thinking that might get you back in time.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
    Auston