Shooting a Wedding

edited December 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hello! So, I was asked to do my first wedding, and I'm a little nervous. I don't have an extended flash and I know that the setting will most likely be low light. I have the 18-55mm, fifty nifty and just purchased the 70-300mm lens.

Any tips for shooting in low light?
Will I absolutely need an extended flash? I'm on a low budget.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I am not a professional.

I don't use flash during the ceremony, and I try not to interfere with the ceremony. It's actually a good idea to talk to the priest beforehand for your setup.

I would at the very least rent a flash and a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens for shooting in low light. That lens works great in low light and offers great image quality. Around here this lens can be rented for around $35 for a weekend.

The nifty fifty will allow you to take great portraits of the newlyweds.

Weddings are very special. If your equipment fails, you won't get a second chance of taking those pictures. That is why most photographers bring a backup camera, flash and lenses. You could also work on a two person team with a friend to cover several angles.

Bring extra batteries!

You could have a look at the website of some professional photographers, that will give you ideas.