pictures dark

edited August 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I find that most of my pictures come out darker than I would like. The preview of the photo on the view finder looks bright but then it takes a darker picture. Is there a setting I should change?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    The same thing is happening to me and I'm not sure why. :/
  • edited August 2012
    Set the mode dial to fully automatic (green square) and see if it still happens. If not, it may be the LCD brightness, which can be set in MENU.
  • edited August 2012
    Set your camera up to view the histogram. Don't trust what you see on the LCD Preview. When previewing your image push the DISP button next to MENU two times, you will see a small window showing the picture you took with a the histogram next to it. This is what you should be checking every time the histogram not the picture. It immediately tells you if your image is under or over exposed. Then you can adjust it with the Exposure comp/AEB setting; slower or faster shutter speed, or your ISO setting or changing your aperture. If you don't know how to read a histogram it is easy to learn in about ten minutes or so. If you push the DISP button a third time the histogram will be in RGB and you don't want to use this. Hope this helps.