Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T3i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

What Is A Good Beginner Tripod?

edited October 2012 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
I am starting to learn more about my T3i and have some great photo ideas in mind, but I need a tripod to take them. The ideas I have are portrait or action shots. What is a recommended tripod that isn't too expensive but sturdy enough to hold the camera? I have the lens that it came with and a 55-155mm lens (I think, I haven't looked at it in a really long time).

Comments

• edited October 2013
    @photogal - First things first, look at the poor thing. It is most likely scared and all alone in the bag crammed in the closet. :)

To the point of your post, you would need a tripod for portrait shoots, but for sports it is almost useless because you would be lugging it around. I would recommend getting a monopod for your action work:

Hope this helped, and good shooting.
  • edited October 2013
    I just purchased a Manfrotto compact for my T3i. Tripod cost me 79 dollars on sale and it's a great tripod for the price. I also use my spotting scope on it and it is very stable.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for sharing @leonard!
  • No problem, my pleasure.