Nikon D5100

edited July 2012 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
Any regrets about buying the Nikon D5100? Should I have bought the next model up?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    D5100 is my first DSLR, and it's just a week old. I've taken several pictures and tried different settings, and I'm very happy with it.
  • edited July 2012
    I also love my Nikon D5100. I work in a photography studio and we use Fugi, and I enjoy shooting with my Nikon much better.
  • edited July 2012
    I am new to the DSLR world of photography and have recently purchased the D5100 with the 18-105mm lens, plus I purchased the 50mm f/1.8G today. I was going to buy the Nikon J1 due to the fact that I only have the use of my left hand because it seemed like the next step from a point and click. Only when I tried it out in Jessops did I realize the J1 was very unbalanced with the bigger lens on it.
    While I was in there I saw the D5100 so I asked to try it and it sits in my left hand nicely. Although it looks cack handed I can actually use it and zoom quite easily. I purchased a Manfrotto tripod which helps to no end, but the camera just felt right sitting in my hand so I bought it and I love it. :)
  • edited August 2012
    I love my D5100.
    No regrets.
  • edited September 2012
    I have absolutely no regrets. My next one will be the D800, but I think I will still keep my D5100. It is just an amazing camera.