Models

edited July 2012 Posted in » General Discussion
Hi there ya'll. I am wanting to expand into using models. I have no clue on how to find them or if I would be getting charged too much. Some friends of mine have expressed interest in sitting for me, for copies of the prints after the shoot. I think this might be cool, as I already know them and they will not be horrified. LOL!!! If I was to find random people, what would be a fare rate to do this? I am from a small Southern town in Mississippi, but I don't want to cheat anyone or be cheated. Thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Hi Auston
    If you look in the back of photo magazines, you will see many adverts for classes in model photography. Many years ago I took classes like this in glamour and fashion photography. They achieved two things. First, I learned a great deal and second, I didn't have to search for models as they were provided as was equipment like studio flash, backdrops and props. Part of the classes were:
    a) where to contact models
    b) what the going rates were
    c) model release forms

Friends and family offering to sit for you is great, but a well chosen class would equip you with the skill to do them justice. If some of your shots should make them look like a Picasso painting, they might not be too willing to sit for you again. Not that I'm suggesting that a man of your calibre would take such photos !
    Best of luck and come back with how you get on.
    Best regards,
    PBked
  • edited July 2012
    Hello PBked,
    Thanks for the idea, I had not even thought to look in some of my photo mags. I had thought about a class of some kind, but then again I am the sort of guy that likes to play. And, being that the cost of processing film is not a problem I just thought of trial and error, with some books I have read. I think I have the concept but need to put it to practice.

Oh, I have friends and family that looking like a Picasso would be a step up!!! ;-)
  • Hi Auston
    Don't let your friends and family read that sentence!!! LOL