New to 60D - First things to do with camera?

edited July 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Is there a firmware update that I should perform? Any settings I should change around to make the camera better? By the way, I'm getting the 60D with the 18-135mm lens. I plan on getting a 50mm f/1.8 prime and was also thinking of getting lens filter to mainly protect against scratches. Any other recommendations? I'm coming from an entry level Pentax KX SLR.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Pick up a Snug-It Pro DSLR Camera Skin for Canon 60D. It does an excellent job of adding protection to your camera body. Also helps to keep dust and dirt off the body. My camera dropped once and it protected the body from scratches and dings!
    I also have the18-135mm and a 50mm prime lens. I also picked up a spare original Canon battery which comes in handy all the time! Oh just thought of one more item. I picked up a Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gb Sd card. Someone else reccomended this card.
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for the recommendation afnas. Just picked up the 50mm f/1.4 lens and the Raynox dcr-250. I can't wait to shoot with it! Also ordered a hand strap and I already have a 32GB card. Guess now it's on to the fun stuff!
  • @ jinforthewin - sounds like you have got it ready to go. Have fun and Welcome to the site.
    Cheers, Auston