Resizing issue

edited July 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Greetings,
I am brand spanking new to the DSLR world, so pardon the ignorance on my part. I love the T2i and, by luck, have taken a few cool shots (among many goofs).

The issue:
In attempting to resize my images to 800x533px, I am noticing various distortions and resolution problems. I know this is my error, but I just don't know what it is or how to correct it. Either the clarity reduces greatly, or I see some artifacts (like small white spots) at various locations that do not show up on the full resolution.
What am I missing here???

Thanks,
Jake

Comments

• Hi Jake
    Have you a specific reason for resizing to 800x533. I ask this because the usual ratios are something like 800x600 for a 4:3 ratio or 960x544 for a 3:2 ratio. I don't know what software you are using, but most have a box saying ' maintain aspect ratio ' which you should make sure is ticked when resizing. If you don't tick this box then the results can lead to distortion and loss of clarity. As for the white spots, I am not sure but could be connected. Also when resizing, work with RAW or Tiff files for best results and save to JPG when satisfied.
    Don't know if this is any help and my apologies if it isn't.
    Regards
    PBked