D7000/D3100 battery grip

edited June 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
I wondering if someone who owns or has experimented with the battery grip can answer my question. I going to have a trip to Japan next month. I only have the original battery. My question is, what is the best battery grip for D3100 and D7000 (for now I can't affort the battery grip made by Nikon which is probably the best)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    As far as I am aware Nikon doesn't make a battery grip for the D3100 but there is a third party one available either from ebay or Amazon:

• I have one of these ( 3rd party one ). Easy to fit although you have to remove your battery cover so it can plug in. You can also trick it so you can use 3rd party batteries. You install a genuine Nikon one and then remove it and replace it with a cheaper version. I have 2 gen and 2 cheapos that keep me going. It makes the camera look better but you still need a lead ( supplied ) that will enable the extra shutter button for portrait shots. I have no problems with it but the batteries seem to last a long time so unless you will need the portrait button it just makes the camera more bulky and some bags then don't allow the camera to fit. Best of luck..jeff