D3100 LCD black, no images display

edited June 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
On my D3100 the LCD is black and no images display. I can see the subject thru the viewfinder, but the picture turned out black. I switched to Live View, I could not see anything but black screen. I did not change anything or drop it. Please help.

Comments

• You might have the camera set on one of the manual modes, P S A or M and theres not enough light getting into the camera. Try switching to Auto.
  • edited July 2012
    Thank you for your fast responsive. I have tried every mode, but to no avail. I even used a different lens but same result; no image and no vid.
  • edited July 2012
    I see Humble is not alone with this problem. I had the same issue after I did some multiple picture taking. I have checked loads of settings but still no pictures.
  • edited July 2012
    Sorry I can't help with this issue, but if you have used a different lens and checked settings then it must have to do with the shutter. Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried the mirror lock up setting? It may help it budge. What about the VR setting on the lens? I've heard that can cause a problem. Maybe try turning off/on.

What about removing the battery?

Let's hope your cameras are still under warranty.
    Other than that I can't think of anything else.

I hope you get it resolved soon.