Controlling the Focus Points

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
How do I move my focus point? I'm not sure if my settings are correct. I have it set to a Single-point, but it's not allowing me to move the point to what I want to focus on.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    It depends on how you set your camera. You either have to first press the middle thumb button and then you either rotate the finger dial or the thumb dial...again depending on your settings.

You can also press the center thumb dial to the location of the one you want. I think there is another way as well, but not sure without looking it up. Good Luck!
  • edited May 2012
    Flip your screen around and hit the 'Q' button, tab over to the graphic with 9 focal points. Select the one you want.

If you simply want to change between metering, you can use the 'Q' button or the function buttons located on the top of the camera by your index finger.
  • @mo60d - I usually just hit the AF Point button (near the thumb rest) and then use the Multi-controller to select between the available focus points.

If all of the focus points are lit up, just hit the AF Point button followed by the 'SET' button and the center focus point should be lit. From there you can use the Multi-controller (left, right, up, down) or the dials to select your focus point.

Refer to page 78 of the 60D manual (see here) for more info. Happy shooting! :)
  • edited July 2012
    This helped me so much! I have been into photography for years, but have always wondered how to navigate around my focus points. I'm really excited that I've learned something new about my camera! Thanks!