Wireless trigger for controlling a 430EX II speedlite remotely

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I recently obtained a new 430EX II and would like to purchase a wireless trigger (I believe that's the device I need). I'm looking to mount the 430EX II to a tripod as a wireless flash and control it using the T2i.

Can someone recommend the best wireless trigger for this purpose? I've been looking at the CowboyStudio NPT-04 on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it's what I need. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Howdy @kycorduroy - You're correct. The T2i doesn't have any built-in wireless control abilities. In order to accomplish this type of setup, you'll need a wireless trigger like you mentioned.

PocketWizards are the gold standard in this arena due to their range, overall performance, E-TTL support and high speed sync functions. However, they're also much more expensive.

If you're just getting started with a basic off-camera flash setup within close range (30 meters), the Cowboy Studio NPT-04 (see here) will work.

If you need something with a bit more range (100 meters), have a look at the Yongnuo RF-602 (see here) trigger/receiver kit.

Hope that helps and happy shooting! :)
  • edited May 2012
    @Moose, thank you for the detailed response and for providing such a great service for all your readers! I love the site.
  • @kycorduroy - Glad to help! :)