Best way to transfer photos to an iPad

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I'm going on holiday soon and taking my iPad (not my laptop). Whats the best way to transfer photos from my camera to iPad? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Check out the iPad Camera Connection Kit. It gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card. iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the information @PetrolPete. I have a friend who told me the connection kit wasn't as good as it should be. Not sure how he based his opinion and I would welcome any advice. Is this the only option or the best option?
  • edited May 2012
    I use the Eye-Fi card using adhoc networking. It loads pictures wirelessly to the iPad.
  • edited May 2012
    Howdy @dmist98 - I second the Eye-Fi setup. With the Eye-Fi Mobile X2 card (see here) you'll be able to transfer photos wirelessly to your iPad, even if you're not in range of WiFi service.

The cool thing is that if the iPad is in close range of your camera (say in your backpack), the images will be transferred automatically as you take them. You can then flip through the images you just took on the big and beautiful iPad screen.

Happy shooting! :)
  • edited July 2012
    I got the ipad camera connection kit today as a fathers day present. So far I'm impressed. Very fast and easy to use.
  • edited July 2012
    @Faithphoto and @ Moose: Does it matter which Eye-Fi card is purchased (wireless connect, wireless pro, mobile)? Is the subscription service required? Never knew such a card existed! Thanks for the information.
  • edited July 2012
    I purchased the eye-fi pro 8gb. The 8gb pro is the one you should get and there is no need for a subscription.