Is there a Date/Time stamp function for the T3i?

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
Hi Folks! PictBridge allows you to imprint the date on the front of a picture if you connect the camera directly to a printer. Is there a setting which will imprint the date on the photo without using PictBridge (example: using Costco or CVS to print photos)? - Bill

Comments

• Howdy @mbshutter (Bill) - Unfortunately, the T3i doesn't come with a Date/Time stamp function for non-PictBridge shots.

You can add a Date/Time stamp after the fact using IrfanView (www.irfanview.com and the Batch Conversion/Add Overlay Text tools.

With IrfanView open, select 'File', navigate to 'Batch conversion/rename', select the photos you'd like to process, check 'Use advanced options', select 'Settings' and then 'Help'.

You'll see some options for printing the photo's date, the current date, the file name, etc... Hope that helps and happy shooting! :)
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for your response @Moose. I was afraid of that, but I appreciate your help. I think that I may also be able to use Photoshop elements to date my pictures. Thanks again, Bill