RAW image processing problem

edited February 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi guys. I just got a 60D and took a bunch of pics of my nephews 1st birthday straight out of the box. I have an old mac (g4) and when trying to transfer the pictures to iphoto there was an error. So I put the card in a reader to bring them over that way and noticed that the format is CR2.

So after some investigating I realized that all the pictures I shot were in RAW format. Into the canon manual I went and found that RAW images can be converted in camera to JPEG (cool feature), but when following the instructions I get to the tab that has protect images, rotate, erase, etc... it ends with resize.

In the picture in the manual, RAW image processing is under re-size, but mine is blank. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! -JP

Comments

• @JPinLA - I know this is going to sound strange, but rotate the mode dial to 'P' mode and try accessing that same exact menu. For some reason, the 60D "hides" certain menu items when a 'Basic Zone' mode is enabled. The 'Basic Zone' modes are all the scene modes (including full Auto) on the mode dial. Let me know if that fixes it.
  • That did the trick, thank you so much! I was seriously pulling my hair out. -JP