Which lens?

edited July 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I have a Canon 18-55mm and 55-250mm and I would like to shoot pictures at a wedding this weekend. Which lens and what settings would be best? During the reception I believe the lighting will be somewhat harsh, as it's in the basement of a church. I did see a thread down a ways, but that was in response to a lens I don't own. Any help would be great!

I also would love to understand the ISO setting and what it does for me. I am slowly picking up other things, but the ISO is very confusing, and I don't know how it works in conjunction with the other settings!

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    The lens you would be looking for is a low F stop lens so you can keep the ISO as low as possible. When you start hitting the 800+ on ISO you will start to get grainy pics. I have a 15-85mm for outside and I use my 50mm f/1.4 for low light (outside also).

For this weekend I would try the 18-55mm for the indoors because the 55-250mm will not make it for low light. Go early and start with ISO 800 and take a few test shots with F stop between 5-10 and see what happens. Unless you have a good external flash then use that with 18-55mm and you will be set. If you only have the on board flash, set the flash comp to delay about a -3.

Have fun.