Best budget lens for shooting fast bikes

edited May 2012 Posted in » Nikon Lens Talk
Hi @moose and fellow photo geeks. I'm new to the scene and still finding my feet. I've always had a passion for photography and recently bought my first camera. I was like a kid at christmas opening my new toy (I'm 30 by the way...lol) a new Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm lens.

My question is...I'm travelling to the Isle of Man to shoot fast bikes (I'm a keen biker). Most of the bikes will race in my direction, so what would be the best lens to take with me? My budget is slim. Kind regards, Andi

Comments

• Howdy @fireblade1981 (Andi) - Welcome! There's nothing quite like the smell of a new DSLR. :)

As for recommended lenses, I would take a look at the 55-200mm VR (see here) or the 55-300mm VR (see here).

Both lenses offer a good zoom range and vibration reduction (VR). If most of the bikes will be within close range from where you're shooting, then you don't need the extra reach of the 55-300mm.

Sounds like a great trip...happy shooting! :)
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks @Moose! The 55-200mm is much closer to my budget. The trip is going to be epic. Can't wait! :)