Pet Photography

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Ok, so I was tired of getting blurred ugly pictures of my new puppy with my point and shoot. Ended up walking into Best Buy and just buying the T2i. I had no idea what I wanted or should have got, but needless to say I love having a DSLR. I finally have amazing looking (well amazing to me) pictures. As I am now more comfortable taking pictures, I am wanting to upgrade my kit lens to something better. I suppose a faster lens, or a lens that allows more light to enter. Not sure if I should buy just one lens or and all-in-one type. Sometimes it helps to be able to zoom in if he's running out in the distance or if I'm trying to catch a pic while he's sleeping across the room. Any ideas?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Try the 50mm f/1.8. I have the 50mm f/1.4 and love this lens. A lot of good talk about the 50mm f/1.8 for the money.
  • edited July 2012
    I am not an expert, so consider that when I say I also got the 50mm f/1.8 and I'm very impressed with it for the price. I'm also being tempted by the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. It feels like that could be a nice upgrade from the standard kit lens, but isn't terribly expensive. I'm looking for feedback from others in this forum on this lens. I've read some reviews on other sites that are pretty favorable.