New to Photography

edited July 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hi I am new to photography and in the market for either a Canon T2i or a Nikon. I am very much a beginner but want to be able to take shots of my kids close up, when they are not looking and also when they are playing sports. I am unsure what type of lens to by, but I need to make a decision fast as my youngest is graduating from preschool in three weeks. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I would get the Canon for a lot of reasons:
    1) the lens will always fit another Canon.
    2) with one button the camera automatically changes all the settings for you
    3) you can click, click, click without having to wait for the camera to save the photos
    4) you can get it at WalMart for $503 with the lens included in the sales case (in Carrollton GA, they purchased them for Black Friday and they didn't sell) which is $150 cheaper than we were able to find them anywhere.

I too am a beginner and the Canon makes it very easy to take great photos.
  • edited July 2012
    What lens do you need to get started?
  • edited July 2012
    The Canon is one of the best camaras I've ever used. I know a professional photographer and he use to switch his camara out like every other year, but since he bought a Canon T2i he hasn't had the need to switch! "It has everything you would ever need!" he once said. I whole heartedly suggest the Canon.