D3200

edited June 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nikon-announces-d3200

Is this going to encourage D3100 users throwing out their D3100 and upgrade to the D3200?
Two things that stood out were the ability to add an external mic (£100 for the nikon model) and a mobile adaptor that means you can control the camera with your android phone, iphone later on.
The review says some of the features are comparable with the D4! I wonder what upgrades they have for other models in their line-up as this now has a 24megapixel CMOS sensor.

I suspect some buyers of their first DSLR shy away from entry level models as they would prefer not to pay out for a new body to get better features after say a year or less.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    The 24 mpx for beginners is overkill as far as I am concerned (as a DSLR beginner). After 6 months I still have my D3100 set on JPEG Fine. Dpreview said about the D40 6mpx "It was also a camera that proved cameras do not sell on megapixels alone". I am still getting to grips with the D3100. If it is an entry level model, that assumes users are novices and thus unable to get much out of photoshop (a lot of learning there). As for the external mic, if you are really into video, get a camcorder. If not, the built-in mic is fine. This is a bit like upgrading your mobile phone to do all-sing etc when all you want is to make call or text. I keep reading things like it's not the fancy equipment that makes the shot, it's the person behing the camera.
  • I bought my D3100 right before Christmas and have no plans on upgrading in the foreseeable future. It does everything I want to do and is more than enough for me to learn. I figure by the time I wear out the shutter, it will be about time to upgrade. Although I do plan on adding a few more lenses at some point. ;-)
    -c-