Memory Card

edited July 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I have a Canon Rebel T2i 18 megapixel camera that I have had for 1 1/2 yrs now & I love it! I have a 8G PNY Professional SDHC memory card I purchased with the camera. I just recently got a new Laptop & the issue is my new laptop was reading my memory card fine until 2 weeks ago. I went to put pictures on & it acts like nothing is in the card reader. I was doing some research on it & I read somewhere that some laptops are not formatted for the newer format memory card such as an SDHC. It also says they may not accept anything higher than 4GB cards (I didn't know this at the time of my laptop purchase). My question to you is, would it be okay to use a memory card in my camera that is a regular SD memory card such as a 4GB or lower & still have the quality pictures I would get with an SDHC card?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Have you tried to just attach a USB cable to AV cable? The AV cable will plug into the side of the camara and the USB to the computer. Although, when you offload make sure that the camara is off, and once attached to the computer turn on the camara, then it should pop up. If you have a Mac I have had GREAT luck with iphoto. Same thing, although instead of just turning on the Canon, open iphoto first, then you can turn it on.