Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Best settings to use at a Church and Restaurant (Baptism)

edited April 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi @Moose! I am new to the DSLR world and I recently purchased a Canon 60D with the EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. I have only had this bad boy for a little over a week to get familiarized and take test shots with, but I think I have somewhat of an understanding on how the aperture, shutter speed and ISO works together.

Anyway, I have my son's baptism coming up this Sunday and was wondering what would be the best settings to use in the church and at the restaurant (low light compared to the church) where the reception is being held. I would prefer not to use a flash (specially at the restaurant), but I will have a 430EX II on hand if necessary. I am also thinking about renting a Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 USM lens for a couple of days (one day to practice with). Any suggestions on settings for both lenses?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I was looking for this kind of techinical advice for a wedding shoot! I'm glad i found it and I hope the baptism photos went well. Now I have this info if I take pictures at a baptism. :)