Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II and the T2i

edited April 2012 Posted in » Canon Lens Talk
Will this lens fit and work properly on the T2i? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• edited August 2013
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Moose, I already have the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II which I use with an adaptor on an Olympus Pem E-PL1, but it annoys me because it doesn't autofocus. I was in Jessops yesterday and attached the lens to the Canon eos 1100D, and it didn't focus automatically on that either. The sales assistant said I would have to buy the 50mm f/1.8 USM. Was she right in saying this? Or is there some button to press somewhere which she isn't aware of (we had it switched to AF on the lens)? I would really appreciate your help, many thanks, Ruth.
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Ruthie
    I am surprised at Jessops. There is no 50mm F1.8 USM! The next lens down (50mm f/1.4) features USM as does the f/1.2 but at a higher price. I can't speak for your Olympus, but the lens should have auto focused on the Canon.