Nikon D3400 Vs D5600 output

I havea 11 month old D3400 and 1 week old D5600.
Put the same settings on A-priority mode
Took several indoor pics at the same spot.
D3400 so much darker than D5600.
Both also auto set different shutter speed
Am confused

Comments

• Make sure that the picture control is set the same, metering settings the same, white balance the same, and that Auto D-lighting is not enabled in one but not the other. That latter changes the exposure slightly.

Make sure too that Auto ISO is off, or that its minimum shutter speeds and maximum ISO are the same in both cases.

Also, depending on whether you got either of these cameras used, it might take a while to determine if any of the deep settings were changed. It's possible to change many of the parameters in each of the picture controls, for example.

There are some metering differences in different models, but they're usually not so huge, and I wouldn't expect that much difference between these two since I think they use the same sensors. I have noticed, though, that the D7100, for example, shoots a bit brighter than the D3200.
  • Hey! Help me plz choose a camera. I am thinking between Nikon D3400 vs Nikon D5500 - https://www.bestadvisor.com/cameras-for-portraits/nikon-d3400-vs-nikon-d5500.
    What do u think about d3400? It hasn't a sensor cleaner inside. Does this affect the operation of the camera?
  • It should not affect the general operation, but means that you may need to blow or otherwise clean off the sensor more often. The image quality of either is likely to be very good, the D5500 having more features, more focus points and a few other things. If you want to do macro and the like, the tilting screen can be very handy. The D3400 has only a front IR sensor for remote firing. I believe the 5500 has a rear one too, and my experience with the D3200 (which has both front and rear) is that it can be very handy for long exposures on a tripod. One thing the D3400 lacks is metering with older AF lenses that have an aperture ring. Neither will auto focus, but the D5500 will still meter with these, while the 3400 will treat them as manual lenses (which both can use but only in manual, un-metered mode). If you have any older AF lenses this might be an issue. If not, not.