Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D5300 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Vivitar Batteries

Is it advisable to use VIVITAR batteries for a nikon d5300 camera?

Comments

• edited April 4
    Vivitar is a marketer rather than a manufacturer, and once upon a time they made some very good stuff (old manual lenses for example) but I'm not sure now whether they're still up on quality. Third party batteries are always a bit of a gamble, and Vivitar these days seems to be selling some pretty low end stuff. Some third party batteries won't work at all in a Nikon. If you are shopping at a store and can guarantee that the battery works at all, it might be worthwhile to have even if it has a shorter life, as most third party batteries will, if it's very inexpensive. You should always have a spare on hand. However, if you're mail ordering, I'd be hesitant unless the source has a very good return policy (e.g. B&H, Adorama, etc.).

The B&H house brand, Watson, works pretty well and lasts fairly well, but none will be quite as good as the Nikon.