Nikon D5000 video

edited March 2017 Posted in » General Discussion
I am a new photographer. I did something with my camera and now I can't record with video. Help.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Are you getting the "no video" icon? I have read that the D5000 has problems recording video to certain cards, even though it can write individual pictures. If you recently replaced your card, especially with a larger or newer one, you might try changing that. The D5000 apparently won't accept SDXC cards, and won't record video to a 64, and may have problems with a 32 gig card. In some cases it apparently will write individual images but not movies. A 16 gig SDHC might be a better bet.

If changing cards doesn't help, I'd consider a global reset of the camera. You do that by simultaneously pushing the [info] button and the [i] button - the two with the green dots next to them - for a few seconds, until the display blinks. That should return the camera to factory defaults. You'll lose any custom settings you have done, but along with user mistakes, that can sometimes undo mysterious internal glitches.