128 GB SD Card / WiFi Adapter

edited December 2016 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
My daughter uses a D3200 for various types of media work, and currently uses a Sandisk class 6 32GB SD card. For photography this is easily large enough, however video chews through this at a rapid rate.

So the first question is, has anyone had any luck using one of the new generation 64GB or 128GB SD cards (80 mbps read/20-40 mbps write)? SD Cards on the approved list cost 2-3 times as much as the current generation, which is fine if they have to be used, but not fine if a newer, faster SD card would be just as reliable.

Second question, has anyone had any luck using the Nikon WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter with an iPhone? I understand the connectivity can be tricky, but it seems worth the fight, especially if the phone can be used as a remote control device. Actually I think that's far more useful than transferring photos to the phone. I can see how it might be fun to "Instagram" photos directly from your camera, but really? Seems somewhat overkill for something that will be viewed on a 6" screen.