Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3200 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

128 GB SD Card / WiFi Adapter

edited December 2016 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
My daughter uses a D3200 for various types of media work, and currently uses a Sandisk class 6 32GB SD card. For photography this is easily large enough, however video chews through this at a rapid rate.

So the first question is, has anyone had any luck using one of the new generation 64GB or 128GB SD cards (80 mbps read/20-40 mbps write)? SD Cards on the approved list cost 2-3 times as much as the current generation, which is fine if they have to be used, but not fine if a newer, faster SD card would be just as reliable.

Second question, has anyone had any luck using the Nikon WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter with an iPhone? I understand the connectivity can be tricky, but it seems worth the fight, especially if the phone can be used as a remote control device. Actually I think that's far more useful than transferring photos to the phone. I can see how it might be fun to "Instagram" photos directly from your camera, but really? Seems somewhat overkill for something that will be viewed on a 6" screen.