Shooting for optimum HD quality video

edited April 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I just got a Rebel t2i that would be considered "stock" (I have not made any up-grades or modifications). I am looking to begin shooting music videos in HD and was wondering if there are some things I should look into so I can get the FULL RANGE of HD capability in the camera. One of the reasons I am asking this is because I have rendered in Sony Vegas and the video quality still looks dull (maybe these are the settings on the rendering PROGRAM and not the footage itself?)

For still shots, I'm currently planning on investing in a slave flash to increase my light output from 15 to 50 ft. Most of the pictures we will be working on are at a fairly close range and are either portraits or small group shots.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Howdy @bayzhe - Believe it or not, I'm still very green when it comes to recording HD video. You might try the DSLR video forum over at DVinfo.net, they might be able to point you in the right direction in regards to filmmaking.

As for an external flash, I would take a look at the Canon 430EX II (see here). This is an affordable speedlite with the flash power you're looking for. It's more than adequate for portraits and small group shots. You can also "bounce" it off a ceiling for more even coverage throughout the room, which produces more natural looking shots indoors. Happy shooting! :)