Lens recommendations for a trip to Paris

edited March 2012 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
It's really great to read your advice and an immense pleasure when I get a better picture with every click. Thanks a ton! I am going on a tour to Paris and wanted to buy a new lens to get nice pictures of Eiffel Tower and other places around the area. I need a suggestion for a good lens. Many thanks - Bhushan

Comments

• Howdy @kadambhushan - I'd be happy to point out a couple lenses. What's your ballpark budget?
  • edited April 2012
    My max budget is $800 (£500). Thanks for responding. - Bhushan Kadam
  • edited April 2012
    @kadambhushan - I highly recommend the all-in-one Tamron 18-270mm VC (see here). This lens is capable of capturing everything from landscapes to distant subjects. It's really the ultimate travel lens, giving you absolute freedom when composing shots on vacation. Should fit nicely in your budget as well. Happy shooting! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks @Moose. That's really a great idea to go for this as it will get rid of changing lens during travel. Great suggestion.

Also, I plan on buying a prime lens...thinking about the AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens. Let me know what you think. Thanks again.
  • edited March 2013
    Howdy @kadambhushan - Glad I could help! Yep, the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G is a fantastic prime lens, especially for the price. It's great for portraits, small group shots, food, flowers and anything else where you want to blur the background into oblivion.

The nice thing about the focal length (35mm) is that it gives you some freedom when composing shots indoors or in tight spaces. The 50mm f/1.8G can sometimes feel a little long when shooting indoors. Happy shooting! :)