Hourglass timer

edited November 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Many times when I want to take a quick photo, the back monitor shows first an hourglass before hitting the Lv button.
This is sometimes annoying. The hourglass disappears when the snapshot moment is also disappeared, so it has no sense anymore to take the desired picture.
What should I do?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Have you updated the firmware? The current version, 1.04, corrects a problem that some D3200's had with delays of this sort.

If you have not done this, you can go to the Nikon web site, and get the firmware update. You will find explicit instructions on how to do this properly.

Edit to add: though I experienced the problem only a couple of times, others here had it worse. The firmware update appears truly to have fixed it.
  • edited November 2015
    I should add that if you find that your firmware version is already 1.04 (you can find it in the setup menu - last item on the second screen), then the next thing to try is a fresh formatting of the memory card (after you've saved all the photos, of course). If that does not work, try a new memory card. You'll need a fresh format of the card anyway to do the firmware update correctly.