Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3200 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Aerial photography

edited November 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I am trying to take aerial photos of a building construction site from a small aircraft at about 1000' above the ground. The aircraft is moving about 90 mph and I am using a D3200 with a 55-200mm lens. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get good results?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    I've never done this myself, but read that you should use a good fast shutter speed, and hand hold rather than bracing the camera against the plane, because of vibration.

The main other thing I can think of is to make darn sure your camera is tethered when you lean out!

It seems silly, but I've seen people leaning off rocking ships without a strap, and when I was in Antarctica last year, after repeated warnings and cautions, someone still managed to lose a white cell phone in the snow.
  • edited November 2015
    @bruto Thanks for the response. I will try the suggestions and ensure that the camera has a safety strap.