Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Error message when using long exposure and rear curtain sync

edited October 2015 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I am getting an error message when using long exposure and rear curtain sync with my 60D and 580EXII. I was trying to take a long exposure set on bulb, and had the flash go off right before the shutter closes. I kept getting an error message. The message popped up "error, try removing battery and replacing it". Also, the images would not record on the card. Has anyone had this happen? I haven't tried recreating what I was doing but, now the camera is working perfectly.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Hi,
    The purpose of the 'Bulb' setting is to keep the shutter open for a long period to achieve the correct exposure for the subject. You would not use flash with bulb mode or rear curtain sync.
    I think this would be the basis of your fault.
    PBked
  • edited November 2015
    Thank you. From what I read, the rear curtain flash is supposed to go off at the end of a long exposure, so maybe the problem was using the bulb setting. I'll try different approaches next time.