CAMERA SETTINGS

edited August 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I recently bought a D3200 without good knowledge/understanding and have regretted it, but I'm determined to learn it. My first question - the cheat sheet for each mode, (i.e., landscape, portrait, etc.), can each category be set up and remain in menu? Is this a dumb question? I have been able to take about 30 pictures that are passable, I but want to conquer this.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    No, I'm afraid the settings given in the cheat sheets (or any set of settings except for the factory defaults) are not easily stored as a set. There are some cameras in which you can save a custom setting, but that option does not exist on a D3200.

I hope you will have patience. If you're just starting on a very adjustable camera like this, the learning curve is pretty steep, but once you know some of the basics it becomes much easier. And once you are used to certain settings, you won't have to look them up as often.

Since you have the cheat sheets, I would suggest you set up a scene according to one of the modes you like, and then purposely vary some of the settings so that you can see how things change. Once you get an idea of what the settings do, you may understand not only why the recommendations are as they are, but how to make your own way. Once you are in the habit of using certain settings for certain jobs, it will become much easier to remember.

Remember that this is a digital camera, which means that you can take many thousands of photographs and erase them. Read up on the basics if you can, and shoot lots of pictures. Try everything and see what happens.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi,
    As @Bruto says, the best way to learn your camera is to go out and take pictures, and lots of them. @Moose cheat sheets are a good starting point, but also check out @ohyeahar simple explanations which you can find under the general discussion tab on the home page. As you progress you will find answers to many of the things that arise on the pages of this forum simply by using the search bar on the home page.
    Happy shooting,
    PBked