Canon 100D vs 1200D

edited July 2015 Posted in » General Discussion
I consider myself to have intermediate knowledge of the camera workings and concepts of photography but I'm just now planning to buy a DSLR. My original choice was the Canon 1200D body with the 50mm f/1.8 II prime lens. The photographs I'm looking to shoot are street and low light photography so the prime would do me well but I've always felt the 1200D was too entry level and a draw back that would lead me to buying a new body in under 2 years. I later ran into the Canon 100D and realized it was a very reasonable camera that would completely suite my taste. Problem was it was sold only with the kit lens (this isn't something you can wait out for them to get just the body) completely covering my budget. So which is the better choice? The Canon 1200D with the prime or the Canon 100D with the kit lens?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Hi,
    I am pretty sure you can get the Canon 100D body only. There is no problem with this in the UK.
    The 100D is better specked than the 1200D and in conjunction with an f/1.8 prime would be a decent set up.
    PBked