Flash exposure compensation trouble

edited July 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hey guys, I have encountered a problem with the Flash Compensation. I cannot change it at all. When the pop-up flash is down I can modify the FC settings, but when it's up, I can't. Whatever settings I've chosen aren't applied, so basically the flash compensation is rendered useless. It's blinking in the viewfinder and on the LCD screen, but not illuminated permanently, like when the exposure compensation setting is applied. What do I do? :(

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Did your flash get set to manual? That's a menu item (shooting menu - "Flash control for built-in flash"). In manual flash mode, the compensation setting is available with the [i] button but it's grayed out when the flash is up, and it is not applied. It would seem to be a glitch in the software that it lights up at all, since manual compensation is also available only in the menu. Mine does the same thing, but when I turned the flash back to TTL the compensation not only stayed lit with the flash up, but had an effect and the flashing icon in the viewfinder disappeared too.

If in doubt, check the EXIF info on a flash picture and see what it says. It will show on the first of the three EXIF info pages in the preview.
  • edited July 2015
    Yeah, apparently when I installed the new firmware, it changed the flash settings to Manual. Thank you.