Full function remote control

edited June 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Recently retired, this is my new hobby, and I wasn't sure what I was buying when I purchased the D3200. Now I'm not happy! Recently saw the camranger in action and absolutely loved the capability. Wanted to purchase it for my own use but found it was not compatible to the D3200. Does anyone know of a similar device that has the same remote control features which will change all functions via the app?
Thank you.
Retired Ranger

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I am not aware of any full function remote application. You can simply trigger the camera using the wireless remote, and you can get the WU1-a wireless adapter that allows you to view output as well as trigger, but as far as I know that does not allow you to change settings.

You can do a lot of this via USB tethered. Nikon makes an application, and there is a pretty good one called "Digicam Control" which is free, and allows quite a bit of control. I've tried that, though not seriously, on the D3200 and it does work rather nicely. I just don't find I need it for much, and have not spent the time to use it.

There is also a device called "Cameramator" which a quick search suggests might do some of what you seek, but you'll have to dig deeper on your own. It's also not cheap, though I guess the Camranger is not either.