Canon 7D

edited May 2015 Posted in » General Discussion
Do you have any discussions on a Canon 7D?

Comments

• There isn't a dedicated page for the 7D, but most of the information for the Canon's that are covered will apply equally. However, if there is some particular issue with the 7D you would like to be discussed, post it and I'm sure someone will take up the debate.
    PBked
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Moose, I am just starting out and have been told that I can set up my Canon EOS 700D to take more than one picture on different f stops with one push of the button. Is this true? By the way I am in Tasmania the island at the bottom of Australia.
  • edited June 2015
    @nibs01, I think what you are looking for is called, in Canonese, "Auto Exposure Bracketing". If you shoot at shutter priority, it will be the F stop that varies. I think if you do a Google search for this, you'll find various tutorials on how to do it, how to use it for HDR and so forth. I think you may still have to push the shutter button multiple times, but the camera will adjust itself as needed.

Exposure bracketing presumes that you want to vary the overall exposure of a photograph. That, for example, is what you would do if you want to produce HDR, where you combine several pictures from over to under exposure, and average them out, and what traditional bracketing does where you try several different exposures with the aim of keeping the one you like best.

If you want to keep the exposure value the same (i.e. to take identically exposed shots, say f/5.6 at 1/100, f/8 at 1/50, f/16 at 1/25 and so forth), there is no automated way to do this. You can use Program mode, at least on a Nikon, to try different combinations available at a given EV.
  • edited June 2015
    @BRUTO, thanks for your invaluable help. I googled as suggested and found a lot of help. YouTube pictorials were fantastic and I have a handle on it now; just need to get out there and practice.