Forgot to put in a memory card

edited May 2015 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
Everything must happen for a reason, but this one is one of those times that you just want to scream, cry or both. My sister has a Canon EOS Rebel T3i and was prepping for her son's Senior Prom with couples pictures, family portraits and a beautiful celebration. After clicking off 200+ pictures, she found that she had forgotten to put in a memory card! Dear God!

Question: Does the Canon T3i have an "on-camera" storage. If so, could someone tell me how to direct/help her find it? Thank you. If not, she is trying to collect other photos from those in attendance. Truly a bummer, yet all is not lost!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Alas, like most cameras of its ilk, it seems that Canon has no internal storage at all. Many such cameras have a menu provision that determines whether the shutter will operate without a memory card. It's useful mostly for in-store demonstration, and virtually useless otherwise. I strongly advise that your sister find that memory option and change it so the camera cannot be used without a card in it.
  • edited May 2015
    Not many DSLRs have on board memory and Canons do not. As Bruto mentioned above, if you go through the menus you will find a 'Shoot without card' option and this should be set to disable. It's hard, I know, to be wise after the event, but at least your sister won't have this problem again.
    PBked