Memory Card Issue

edited April 2015 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I just bought a new 60D through Amazon to replace my old 20D. I didn't have a memory card for it so I ordered a PNY 128GB Class 10 SDXC card, but the LCD screen doesn't come on and the top screen just flashes. I'm not sure if there is another issue with this new camera, but I'm not sure where to go with this.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Same person but had to change my profile name and email. As an update, when I put a SD card adapter in with a micro card, it said the card was not recognizable and/or needed formatting. The new card won't even say anything; the screen is black and the top screen just flashes. Is a 128 GB card OK for this camera?
  • edited April 2015
    Hi,
    PNY is a fairly reliable brand and 128GB should not be a problem. What is a problem, however, is the use of a micro card inside an SD adapter. This is a definite no-no and can lead to all kinds of problems although I couldn't say its responsible for yours specifically.
    The screen and top LCD should come on regardless of a card being fitted which would suggest a fault with the camera. I would suggest borrowing a proper (not micro) SD card of any size. If it works then ok - if not then I think the camera should be looked at. As a btw, the camera won't tell you anything about the card it only shows you how many shots are possible depending on your settings.
    PBked