Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Does Canon 60 D Have internal memory?

I took a bunch of beautiful sunset pictures without the memory card. Is there a way to retrieve them?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Alas, it seems it does not have internal memory for pictures. It holds its own settings only. Pictures taken without a card are not stored anywhere. You can take a picture and even check out the histogram, but it's not saved.

There should be a menu option that disables the shutter when no memory card is installed, which is a useful safeguard if you occasionally forget to put it back in (which I do constantly).

Look for it. In one of the recording menus you should find an entry for "release shutter without card".
  • edited February 2015
    By the way, I do not know whether it's the same between Canon and Nikon, but pictures taken in "demo mode" cannot be retrieved in any way on a Nikon. Oddly enough they stay in the camera's buffer memory even if you turn it off and on again, but they are immediately erased if you insert a card or attach the camera to a computer. Demo mode is not useful for anything except for demonstrating the camera in a store without inserting a memory card that can be lost or stolen.
  • edited February 2015
    Well, thanks very much for answering my question! Bummer...