Connecting a Garmin Etrex HCx GPS

edited November 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Has anyone successfully connected a Garmin Etrex HCx GPS to the D3200? Looking around the web, it seems that it should be possible, but I haven't come across anything definitive by way of a 'how to'.

If someone could tell me exactly what leads I need and any set-up details, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Sorry, I don’t have anything useful to say about that particular GPS unit. I looked at its manual but don’t see anything about interfacing with something like a camera.
    I hope the following points help:
    - The GP-1 unit (designed to be compatible with your cam) is less expensive than that GPS.
    - You can also geotag your photos without a GPS unit using the method described here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp1KCkItmf4
  • Thanks for the info. I've seen a couple of apps like this before and will try them out.

However, the reason I asked about the Garmin Etrex is that I already own one and from what I read it would be a lot better at geotagging than most of the camera-specific gadgets, which seem to suffer from inaccuracy and take a long time to get a satellite lock.

I'm pretty sure that the Garmin does connect to the D3200, but there seems to be a need for a specific lead or adapter. I'll keep looking and leave a post if I find the answer.