How to let my camera snap shots of me automatically?

edited September 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hi. How can I set up my camera so that it can snap a shot of me without me holding it? Let's say I want it to take 10 photos of me at a regular interval of few seconds. I have seen someone do that, although not sure if he had Nikon 3200.

For a contest I want to shoot myself with some device and I don't want to shoot myself in a mirror.

Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2014
    What you're looking to do is called Interval Timer Shooting. I understand that it's not a feature available for the D3xxx cameras. Higher model bodies like the D5xxx and D7xxx have it.
    Alternatively, you may trigger the shutter wirelessly with a remote (ML-L3) or set it on timer release.
  • edited September 2014
    As ohyeahar says, the D3200 does not have an intervalometer. However, it does use a wireless IR remote, which is both cheap and effective. You can get the Nikon version or a perfectly useable one from B&H for about 6 dollars. If you have a Target store nearby, there is a 10 dollar remote that works with many brands of cameras including Nikons (plus a bunch of extra buttons you won't need for the D3200). You can then set the camera to fire on remote after a two second delay, which allows you time to tuck the remote out of sight before the picture snaps.

The D3200 has IR sensors on both front and rear, and I have done self shots with the remote and two second delay, which works very well.