Flash not working in D3200

edited September 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Dear All,

I was experimenting with my new D3200 and unexpectedly the flash stopped working. Might be something wrong with the setting on side. I tried resetting all shooting options but the flash didn't work. Now with all the preset options the shutter speed got changed. By pressing the shutter release button I'm not able to take photos. Only in preset modes like aperture priority mode am I able to take photos in day light. Kindly help.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    This does not sound too good, but there are a couple of things to try still.

First of all, make sure your battery is fully charged as things might go odd when it's low.

Check the rear screen, push the "I" button, and make sure that the lightning bolt icon on the far lower left is present.

Go to the shooting menu and make sure the flash is set to TTL.

Remember (sorry if I'm being too obvious, but one never knows) that in P,S, A and M modes, the flash will not be activated by itself. You must manually pop it up. If you pop it up, it should flash when you take a picture, and it should force the shutter speed to go to 1/200 or less. You can check this by going into S mode, setting the shutter speed to 1/400 or so, and then popping up the flash. The display should go to 1/200, and when you push the button it should flash.

If after all this, if the flash does not work, I'm sorry to say it may be defective or broken.