Foggy effect after a few shots

edited August 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I'm using a Nikon D3200 and Nikkor 18-55mm lens. In Outdoor shooting, after my 10th or 11th shot, both my view finder and photos get a foggy effect. It intensifies with each photo. When I keep idle it disappears after 20-25 minutes. I'm very new in the DLSR field. I would like to know if there are any issues with the product or the way I'm using it. Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi,
    I don't know where you live, but your symptoms are classic in hot countries where humidity is high. The fog is condensation which forms on the viewfinder, lens surface and sensor.
    Keep your camera in its bag with some sachets of silica gel which you can get from good camera shops. Before taking photographs, allow time for your camera and lens to acclimatise. Try not to overuse live view because it makes the sensor run hotter. Hope this cures your problem.
    Regards,
    PBked
  • edited August 2014
    Agree with @PBked. Definitely sounds like a condensation problem. Happens all the time when you move from an air-conditioned indoors location to a hot/humid outdoors location.

Nothing to worry about. The “foggy effect” goes away after a while on its own. You may try to get the condensation off your sensor faster by heating it up by turning on Live View (theoretically), but it’s pointless because your images will still be fogged up due to moisture on your lens.
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks a lot @PBked and @ohyeahar. I'm from kerala state - India. Let me practice the tips you offered. I really appreciate your help.
  • edited August 2014
    Here in Vermont we have more or less the opposite problem, with the same results; in winter a camera will often fog up when it goes out into the cold.

I think we should all move to Hawaii!