Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

T2i lens advice for indoor baby photos

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon Lens Talk
Hi @Moose - My wife and I just purchased a Canon T2i body and picked up a nifty fifty (Canon 50mm f/1.8). This will be a nice lens to have, but we also need a lens that will shoot better close ups and have more range. We are expecting a baby soon and this is the main reason for the upgrade in camera. I assume most of our pictures for a while will be indoors of the baby.

From doing research, I thought I had settled on the 18-135mm, but now I'm second guessing myself. Should I just buy the kit lens 18-55mm and play with it for a while or go ahead and upgrade now? I am looking to spend under $500 (lesser the better). I have also looked at the Sigma 17-70 and the Tamron 17-50 (would like a little more zoom that that one provides). Thanks for the great site!

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Thanks! I am more worried about indoor shooting than zoom, so I'm leaning towards the Tamron 17-50. It give me the low f/number while being affordable. Do you think it is a good walkaround lens? I'm thinking I can get a zoom lens later.
  • @Boomer01 - Yep, it's definitely a great walk around lens for the types of shots a small family would take. I think you'll be quite happy. Best of luck to you and happy shooting! :)